04 December 2010

Decorating for Halloween

http://www.yardhaunter.com/halloween_graveyard.html

One of the things that I particularly enjoy about Halloween is the decorating both inside and out. Over the past five years, Halloween has grown in popularity and unfortunately so has the prices. However, with a little research creating decorations doesn't have to be expensive. The best way to get great Halloween decorations at incredibly reduced rates is to visit retail stores the day after the holiday. If you get there early, you have a much better selection and can pick up items 50-75% off. I like to do a lot of window shopping the month before Halloween and keep notes about the items that I like the best and where they're at. Of course, this doesn't guarantee the items will be available afterwards; however, you'd be amazed at some of the deals I've gotten on expensive items. The downside is that I have to wait a whole year to use them, but if you're patient, it's worth the wait.

Under the Indoor Decorations and Outdoor Decorations pages, you'll find a few of the creative craft ideas that I have found helpful (and inexpensive) that will help build your Halloween decorating inventory. Not only will they add spookiness to your decor, but they won't leave your wallet in a "horrific" state. I know, that was pretty scary humor, if I do say so myself.

No comments: